Austin Dermatology Center is a medical practice specializing in general, cosmetic, and surgical dermatology. We treat all conditions of the skin, hair, and nails and serve adult, adolescent, and pediatric patients. Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care by putting patients first.
Dr. Erik Austin is a patient-centered dermatologist who is gentle and thorough in his approach to treating skin conditions. In addition to medical school and residency training in dermatology, Dr. Austin graduated from Harvard University School of Public Health. Dr. Austin also completed a Fellowship in Environmental Medicine at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Dr. Austin’s advanced training has provided him with expertise in the treatment of all skin conditions, as well as a refined specialization in cosmetic and surgical dermatology. Dr. Austin is a Board Certified Dermatologist & Dermatologic Surgeon and is an osteopathic physician listed in Who's Who in Medicine and Health Care. Dr. Austin holds honors and awards from the American Medical Association, the National Medical Honor Society, Allergan Dermatology Laboratories, the Intendis Dermatology Company, the American Contact Dermatitis Society, and the American Geriatrics Society. He has lectured extensively at dermatology society meetings and conferences throughout the United States. Most of all, Dr. Austin is dedicated to providing the highest quality care and excellence in dermatology.
MEDICAL & SURGICAL DERMATOLOGY SERVICES
SKIN, HAIR, & NAIL DISEASES - treatment of all skin conditions that affect adult, adolescent, and pediatric
patients. Special treatments for those with sensitive skin.
SKIN ANALYSIS - state of the art analysis and evaluation of skin lesions and conditions with Dermoscopy, the newest method of epiluminescence and microscopic detection.
FAST COMPLEXION IMPROVEMENT - we provide the most successful and specialized treatment for acne. In addition to topical and oral medications, we offer the latest in photodynamic laser therapy to treat acne; this treatment not only improves acne, but also reduces acne scarring and gives the skin a smooth appearance.
SKIN ALLERGY TESTING - for allergies to synthetic products at home or in the workplace, such as chemicals, cosmetics, fragrances, metals, dyes, and rubber.
IMMUNOCAP ALLERGY TEST - single blood test that screens adults and children as young as 3 months. This screening is for home, workplace, or environmental allergies - it tests for hundreds of allergens, such as weeds, trees, pollen, pet dander, molds, and foods. Immunocap determines if you have allergies that may be causing hives, skin rashes, itching, sinus congestion, headaches, asthma attacks, and other symptoms.
MOLE REMOVAL - cosmetically pleasing and safe techniques to remove moles and have them checked
for skin cancer. We emphasize prevention and regular skin cancer screenings, and we provide a whole-person approach to skin care.
PRE-CANCER ELIMINATION - cryosurgery, topical medications, and laser treatment options are available for Actinic Keratosis (a pre-cancerous condition).
SKIN CANCER TREATMENT - surgical treatment of Basal Cell Carcinoma, Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Melanoma, and other skin tumors. Non-surgical alternatives available in some cases.
ZOSTAVAX SHINGLES VACCINE - for men and women 60 years or older. Protects against shingles and the virus that causes this extremely painful skin condition.
HAIR LOSS - microscopic analysis and screening for internal conditions that cause hair loss in men and women. Medical diagnosis and treatment of hair thinning.
COMPLETE SKIN CARE - acne, rosacea, cysts, warts, skin cancer, scars, fatty lumps, blood vessels, psoriasis, eczema, drug rashes, hives, allergies, viral conditions, herpes, genital warts and sexually transmitted diseases, fungus of the nails and scalp, scabies and mite infestations, and all other skin, hair, and nail conditions.
COSMETIC DERMATOLOGY SERVICES
BOTOX - a purified protein that relaxes facial muscles by decreasing the amount of contraction, thereby smoothing wrinkles and decreasing muscle tension and headaches. Botox is also used to prevent excessive under arm sweating.
RESTYLANE & JUVÉDERM - both of these fillers contain a natural appearing hyaluronic gel that is used to restore volume and correct facial wrinkles and folds; also used for fuller lips.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL - removal of unwanted facial and body hair for men and women - advanced treatments and techniques that are safe for all skin types, including both light and dark skin.
INTENSE PULSED LIGHT (IPL) - a non-invasive laser light that is applied to the face, neck, chest, arms, or hands to improve acne, redness, brown spots, and fine wrinkles.
PHOTODYNAMIC THERAPY (PDT) - this treatment is for total skin rejuvenation and resurfacing. A special substance is applied to the skin before applying laser light. PDT improves acne, scarring, redness, brown spots, and fine wrinkles – additionally, this innovative treatment eliminates microscopic pre-cancerous lesions before they develop into skin cancer.
REMOVAL OF UNWANTED SKIN GROWTHS - removal of moles, sun spots, skin tags, warts, keratoses, and other growths. The latest technologies for skin perfection are provided.
COSMETIC PEEL - a skin rejuvenating substance is applied to the face and neck to provide a controlled and targeted treatment based on your level of sun damage. This medical-quality peel works to even out skin tone, fade brown spots, improve acne scarring, and reduce fine wrinkles.
PRESCRIPTION-STRENGTH WRINKLE THERAPIES - research-based, anti-wrinkle creams that are only available with a prescription.
COSMECEUTICALS, VITAMINS, and SUPPLEMENTS - anti-aging remedies and natural alternatives for promoting healthy skin.
ETHNIC SKIN - specialized treatment for darker skin types; for conditions such as acne, melasma, keloids, dark marks, facial moles, nail discoloration, and white spots on the face or body.
SKIN LIGHTENING TREATMENTS - successful skin lightening treatments combining topical medications, cosmetic peels, and laser treatments.
BEAUTY THERAPIES - a unique combination of European and American skin rejuvenation techniques providing all the cosmetic dermatology services that you need to look your best and feel your best.
DR. AUSTIN HAS RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING HONORS & AWARDS
- Board Certified in Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery
- Best Doctor - Readers' Choice Award - Ranch Coast Newspapers
- Graduate of Harvard University - Harvard School of Public Health
- Medical Fellowship - The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Former Hospital Appointment - The Johns Hopkins University Hospital
- Current Hospital Affiliation - Scripps Memorial Hospital - La Jolla, California
- Laser Training at Harvard Medical School - Wellman Photomedicine Center
- Listed in Who's Who in Medicine and Health Care - Marquis Millennium Edition
- Diamond Award - Highest Botox Award Achieved by a Dermatologist in SoCal
- Clinical Asst. Professor of Dermatology - Western University of Health Sciences
- Physicians Recognition Award of the American Medical Association
- Allergan Dermatology, Inc. - First Place in Clinical Research Competition
- OPSC - Weyuker Award for Academic Excellence and Service to Profession
- ACDS Dermatology Award - Clinical Clerkship Completed at the Mayo Clinic
- U.S. Congressman J.L. Pettis Scholarship - American Medical Association
- Outstanding Leadership Award - Glaxo Pharmaceutical Laboratories
- Summer Geriatrics Institute - Boston University School of Medicine
- Intendis Mentor Award - Research in Geriatric Skin Conditions
- Academic Scholar Award - The Northwest Medical Foundation
- Sigma Sigma Phi Award - The National Medical Honor Society
- AOA Research Award - The Burnett Presidential Foundation
- Clinical Ethics Program Grant - American Medical Association
DR. AUSTIN HAS PUBLISHED IN THE FOLLOWING MEDICAL JOURNALS
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Lasers in Surgery and Medicine
- Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology
- The American Journal of Contact Dermatitis
- CUTIS - Cutaneous Medicine for the Practitioner
- Annals of Otology, Rhinology, and Laryngology
- Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of the American Geriatrics Society
- Journal of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology
- Journal of the American Osteopathic College of Otolaryngology
- American Medical News - American Medical Association
- Heartbeat - American Heart Association
- Medicine, Health Care, and Philosophy
- Gerontology and Geriatrics Education
- Humanism in the Health Sciences
- The New Physician
Austin Dermatology Center...
Setting the gold standard
for skin care medicine.
For an appointment, please call 858-622-1960.
We are conveniently located
in Chancellor Park, just one
block from the UTC mall.
- Medicare and most insurances accepted.